Stellar Firma Ltd is the main antagonist of the podcast Stellar Firma, and is based in a space station of the same name. They are a terraforming company which has existed for many many years, and is owned and operated by the mysterious and all-powerful Board. They also supply nuclear energy to much of the universe as a way of manipulating politics.
Stellar Firma were an ancient company from "thousands of years ago" originating from Earth, who "saved" humanity from the desolation in the year 2260, promising to deliver the refugees onto a new planet. once they had made it to space, Stellar Firma quickly set up shop contacting aliens and taking on terraforming commissions, forcing all the captive refugees to now sign their lineages up to be citizen-employees and work.
Several hundred years ago, The Build Team attempted to unionise, and The Board had their oxygen removed, killing all of them and ruining a lot of valuable equipment. The entire team was replaced. ever since, unionisation has been a touchy subject, but it is highly likely that it was taboo even before then, given Stellar Firma's general policies on the subject.
Stellar Firma works on a hyper-capitalist bottom line that places no value on life in order to hasten production and reap benefits, enforced by military threat from I.M.O.G.E.N. They have extensive dealings with The [REDACTED] Agency, who serve extrajudicial punishments, spy work, and low profile murders. Positions are inherited, as Stellar Firma has a lineage-based hierarchy. They have their own internal legal system, including trials. Employee-Citizens are educated in schools that are not a branch of Stellar Firma but are associated with them.
At some point in the recent past (within Trexel's tenure as a Planet Designer) There was a critical RAM shortage within the CPU (which I.M.O.G.E.N. needs to be updated to deal with, but for some reason cannot be). All but essential or protected routines were abandoned, meaning that the upkeep of non-protected departments with less than 100 employees were disbanded (their employees 'encouraged' to relocate), causing several incidents and countless deaths, as well as the decay of the company from the inside out. Approximately 112 departments were shut down as part of the effort. It is most likely that protected departments included ones that optimized immediate profits and kept executives happy.
It is possible that Stellar Firma intentionally sabotages their own planet designs with glitches in Explosion Management and allowing people like Trexel to design planets, as a way to get repeat customers, as anyone seeking a planet has nowhere else to go.
Schools within Stellar Firma Ltd. are attended mandatorily by employee-citizens according to their social class. They consist of personal chambers full of fluid that students are submerged in and placed in virtual reality wherein they can interact with their peers. You can choose to go onto higher education after attending these.
Known Departments / Job Positions
- Agony Aunt
- Advertising / Marketing
- Blame Deflection and Excuses
- Build Team
- Complaints Office (inactive)
- Executive Assistants
- Expediting (inactive)
- Filing (inactive)
- Human Resources (inactive)
- Talk Show Host
- IT (inactive)
- Line Manager
- Management Consultant
- Outdoor Station Cleaner
- Planet Design
- Public Permits & Bribery
- Quality Control
- Redundancy and Explosion Management
- Sabotage and Espionage
- "Swapsies": in the case of the destruction of a piece of property or a clone, the consultant can swap one item out for another. 
- The Board is not to be contacted.
- Security Alerts
- There are no Gods, only The Board.
- All time is company time.
- Class Solidarity is not tolerated.
- Defectors from the company will be eliminated.
- Child labor is encouraged.
- Marriage occurs when two people consume each other's blood. Trexel describes marriage as the "bonding of two people in a way that eventually makes them hate each other"
- No Takesies Backsies
- Non-marriage relationships can be codified by forms.
- Some positions, such as Consultants, can call the gun walls on someone once a quarter.
- Stellar Firma has its own Stellar Firma Annual Branded cycle, which has somewhere between 109 and and 761 weeks. Assuming that Trexel had an average burn rate of 2.5 clones a week before David-5, we can estimate that the Stellar Firma Annual Branded cycle is ~305 weeks long.
- The station uses a mandated credit system (sometimes referred to as “Board Cred”) in place of paper money. Board Cred can be managed, accessed, and stored via KT the Coin Friend.
- The "Soylent Silence" which forbids citizens from mentioning that Slurry is actually made with the remains of recycled citizens.
- Episode 32 - Standards and Swarms (acast)
- Episode 36 - Spies and Subterfuge (acast)
- Episode 25 - Trials and Termination (acast)
- Episode 14 - Seals and Accountants (acast)
- Episode 47 - Weatherboy and Working Out (acast)
- Episode 46 - Gonk and Grandiosity (acast)
- Episode 12 - Denizens and Goobrication (acast)
- Episode 44 - Misunderstandings and Mediation (acast)
- Exit Interviews of Davids 4-5(acast)