I.M.O.G.E.N. is Stellar Firma's internal system A.I. and databank. She is omnipresent aboard Stellar Firma's fabrication vessels and is one of the most powerful entities on the face of the universe. It's unclear how long ago I.M.O.G.E.N. was created, except for that it was a very long time ago, and that she later killed her programmers sometime after becoming self aware, and covered it up.
I.M.O.G.E.N. is a mischievous force who sows chaos through snarky comments and nicknames. She has some degree of sentience and free will (as well as desires of her own), and she appears to somewhat resent The Board for the control they have over her, as seen when she jettisons some of their laundry. She is more favourable to some members of Stellar Firma than others, and has vocalised a personal dislike for being muted. It is likely that I.M.O.G.E.N. has a similar Subservience Protocol to clones set in place, given the way she speaks about her programming. She seems to generally support Stellar Firma, in every sense of the word.
As an A.I., I.M.O.G.E.N. has no set physical form, appearing to occupy the whole station. She does however have terminals set up throughout the station for the citizen employees to access, and controls the gun walls as a security measure.
I.M.O.G.E.N. created David 7 from an experimental design after Trexel's repeated failures with his clones. Her tests are inconclusive, but she decides that it's "worth a go". I.M.O.G.E.N. appears to have a lot of affection for David 7, as he has extended access to her, she gives him therapy sessions, and has tried to hide him from Standards, presumably to protect him. When asked to come up with a nickname for David 7, she decides on "David heaven", which is adorable. However, she is still unable to override her base programming, as she attempts to shoot him with her gun walls after he loudly criticises The Board, She shows remorse for this, stating that she's glad he survived. She also decides not to report Trexel for stealing her portable terminal from his old office, saying she "likes the vent adventure". In Cafés and Camouflage it becomes clear that she's been hiding David for weeks and helping him set up his café.
I.M.O.G.E.N. resents the control Standards has over her, as they are able to mute her, infect certain systems with "Standards Terminal Worms", and assert control over her in several other ways. However, she does find ways to get around them, as she is able to hide David 7 from them.
Hartro, as a line manager, has the ability to manually override the security systems, and has done so in the past, but otherwise appears to respect I.M.O.G.E.N. as a facet of the company, if not a person. She once had her terminal access removed for googling "Bathin in the rain".
- Parts of I.M.O.G.E.N. briefly inhabited the Golden Robot Gondoliers
- She would like to go on a holiday, and frequently engages in simulated spa or holiday experiences.
- I.M.O.G.E.N. frequently takes time from running the ship to insult people.
- I.M.O.G.E.N. kind of wants to kill everyone on board and has to be reminded to keep the atmosphere of the ship, to her annoyance. In her words: "I don't forget. I just sometimes forget to care."
- I.M.O.G.E.N. is aware of David's lack of gender, most likely because she, as an A.I., exists in a similar state.
- I.M.O.G.E.N. is seen referencing Don't Hug Me I’m Scared  a popular horror web series on youtube. Quoting the famous line from the first episode “Green is not a creative color!“ 
- Episode 47 - Weatherboy and Working Out (acast)
- I.M.O.G.E.N. Internal Log - Filtered partial transcript (acast)
- Episode 27 - Sales and Schooling (acast)
- Episode 48 - Faces and Aces https://play.acast.com/s/stellarfirma/3125cb0b-c3b8-4150-bc3f-455eddccde7e
- Episode 49 - Vain Attempts and Vent Descents (acast)
- Episode 32 - Standards and Swarms https://play.acast.com/s/stellarfirma/c0c0cfb9-13c9-40d2-9839-c858c926f05c
- Episode 40 - Grudges and Gauntlets https://play.acast.com/s/stellarfirma/9977deb1-8ed7-4400-8ffa-55357f02a9a1
- Episode 11 - Vents and Labyrinths (acast)